|Stanthorpe over the moon about asteroid honour killings|
The new story, from the UK's Mail on Sunday newspaper, also sheds some light on the history of the award and the fact that it was first bestowed on Sir Douglas Mawson in 1972.
Sir Mawson was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1980 in an annual ceremony where Queen Elizabeth II spoke.
Sir Mawson has always denied the accusations of rape, but has admitted that he had sexual relationships with seven girls while he was serving as Prime Minister.
He has also been accused of abusing and mistreating dozens of women while leading the government from 1974-1975 to 1979.
After his resignation from office, Sir Mawson accepted an invitation to travel to the US in January.
He returned on July 24 for the start of the awards show.
The awards show, in which Sir Mawson had to stand and sing as a guest, was also attended by three former MPs.
Image copyright PA Image caption Sir Stanley was knighted for services to business in 1974 and as a former chief executive of British Airways in 1984
Image copyright PA Image caption Sir Stanley was knighted in 2003 for services to business after he was elected to the House of Lords in 1999
Image copyright PA Image caption Sir Stanley made a speech on behalf of the Queen as she delivered the award in 1999
The Queen's speech was followed by Sir Stanley's address for the Queen.
A speech by the former leader of the Labour Party Andrew Little on behalf of the Queen was also given in the hall.
This year's awards show was marked by the publication of a book called Sir Stanley in the Wilderness which details the experiences of a number of women who had been survivors of the sexual assault allegations.
'It's the greatest shame'
BBC Radio 4's Today programme, which recently carried a documentary on Sir Stanley, had the chance to speak to his former MPs.
John Mann, a former Liberal Democrat MP for Salford North, said he was not surprised that Sir Stanley had been knighted by the Queen.
And Conservative Party whip Andrew Mitchell said his party's history had led to the honour being bestowed with the title.
He said: "It's the greatest shame that men do it and the honour that is awarded to them, but that does not change the fact that if women report this it will be used by male politicians to say if they don't believe it then the man should say he's going to complain and if he does then you won't have sex with him".
Labour MP John Woodcock said he was shocked to hear about the claims, which he believed were well known but not widely known.
He added: "The Queen has, through the medi
Mill fire update for the week of Sept. 20. (Photo: Robert Allen, Washington Examiner) Story Highlights Fire reported in eastern Washington
Fires burned for 7 days, spread across most of central Washington
Washington has had an extreme fire season so far
WASHINGTON -- Two weeks after a fire destroyed part of a neighborhood in south Tacoma, fire officials say that has changed.
No injuries were reported after a fire swept through a home on May 18. But the fire, now spreading westward across most of the state, has destroyed more than 700 structures, mostly in central Washington, according to a fire update from the Washington Department of Emergency Management.
The last two weeks of August saw the most fires on record in the state, with nearly 9,800 structures destroyed by fire, according to the update.
The fire season that started in mid-September is forecasted to have a low intensity.
Residents have been asked to be patient while crews finish their work to restore order and continue the search for missing members of the Red Cross-Carolinas International Church community that was burned by fire.
The fire broke out around 7 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 28, on the 10200 block of West 3rd Street in North Tacoma.
Three men -- a woman and a man -- from the church were inside, according to a statement by the Christian-based organization's president and president of emergency response, David Jones, released Friday afternoon.
"The church and residents are completely devastated as we grieve for those injured or missing in this horrific fire," Jones said. "Rest assured that all our members, staff and volunteers are in constant touch with the local authorities and will be at our doors to provide updates."
Firefighters were called about 3:45 a.m. Friday, Aug. 28, to investigate a report of a fire at the house, which was located within a residential area, the fire update said.
A total of 3,070 fire officials responded to the scene within 14 minutes and made nearly 2,300 efforts, the update said.
Three individuals were rescued, but the women and two men were not. Two were sent to hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Jones said two women in their 30s and one man in their 30s who were transported to Harborview Medical Center were hospitalized for smoke inhalation after being caught in the building's smoke alarm.
They are in the process of being taken to Harborview and are expected to be released Saturday, Aug. 29, according to Jones.
Jones said firefighters are not currently in custody on suspicion of any wrongdoing.
Fire crews are still searching for other structures destroyed.
Fire officials are askin