|Cobar forced to buy water at least three times a day|
After he was released, he went to a neighbour's home and asked whether she owned any water.
"I was told it was the only thing she had in the house because she went out of town for work. I asked, 'I've just been out of work for five days. Are you sure?' " he says.
He says his neighbours advised him that he wasn't allowed to drink any water in that neighborhood.
"They told me I was going to jail. I was very angry, very unhappy," he says. "They were very apologetic. I had to sign the contract before I got any money from them for drinking water. I had to go out of my home when they asked."
'It is very, very, very difficult to get the money back to the families of the men who sold the water to us': witness to case
Izzad told the court he was taken to a house in a residential area of the city by the police and handed over to the local council officials.
But then he says he says that house became empty and he was kept there for a couple of weeks as he waited for the water pipes to return from the town's sewage treatment plant.
Izzad says the municipal office refused to allow him to drink any water in the area where he worked.
'The first day I came back was a cold and hard day,' he recalls. "I had two bottles of water to drink."
After nine days, the woman at the town office where he worked, Abi Abid, came to his defence, and asked if she could send him another bottle of water.
"The other day I asked her to send me water again. But she said she could not as it would be a matter for the village council," he says.
It was not until the afternoon of August 7 that the water was finally returned to Izzad and his family. He says that despite having a bottle of water, he continued drinking the water.
Izzad said he wanted to get a house, but as he was not a registered voter he didn't have to get it registered.
For weeks, his neighbours did nothing about the water crisis but it took two days before his home was cleared and he paid for it.
A day later, Izzad was called to a town office to sign a contract promising that he would be paid all his water from June 2 to the 11th of that month. "I wanted the payment because they promised me that the water would come from the sewage treatment plant. I couldn't drink the water because I was still in jail and couldn't speak Englis
Historic aramac train to return home
The train is the fourth one from the Western Australia Government-owned Transfield Station to take its place on the $250 million line connecting the city's major rail yards and the regional hub of the nation's biggest cities.
It is one of the nation's most coveted trains, with the first-class seats often seen as the highest ticket prices in cities.
Western Australia Premier Colin Barnett yesterday said the train would provide a "tremendous opportunity" for the state's regional development and for regional jobs.
"It's a historic, iconic, iconic train that is in great demand," he said.
"This is not just something that is good for business. It's a great thing that's going to give us a tremendous opportunity to be able to transport people to their jobs in western Australia, give them their jobs in regional centres in regional places, and give them access to these great communities for employment.
"There will be no financial cost in terms of taxpayer money in supporting it."
The train is expected to return from WA via the Gold Coast, South Australia and New South Wales, with the journey taking about 90 minutes.
Construction began on the line last year, with work to reach its final destination a month later.
The train is scheduled to arrive in Western Australia next September, with completion estimated to begin in 2018.
Western Australia Premier Colin Barnett today revealed to reporters that the train had begun construction and that it would travel over a distance of about 498km.
He said it was expected to be operational for a further three years.
"If that is done, it's a fantastic economic asset for Western Australia, because we're going to be able to attract jobs to the region," he said.
"I can assure everybody that we'll not be short of train services when this train arrives and gets here."
Last month, Premier Barnett announced a $750 million, 60-kilometre-long rail corridor connecting the Eastern Freeway railway interchange to the West Coast and the Eastern Freeway to the Northern Freeway.
The state would then operate an electrified commuter train service from Perth to Melbourne on the Gold Coast, and operate commuter train services to Adelaide on the Eastern Freeway.